Thursday, October 4, 2012

FIRST COMMUNION

Notre Dame

Fr. Brady took me to THE ORIENTAL CAFE
where "Varcelios" (William) hired me to
bus dishes , jerk sodas, and greet customers.

Bill and his partner and the restauant
workers made it their business to put
me at ease.   Soon I opened the Cafe,
helped to make rolls and donuts and
delivered the pastries to other restaurants
in town. 
Life was but a dream.   A good job with
all I could eat, a nice room  and a bunch
of big high school boys who tried to kill
me everyday in the boxing ring.

Soon Fr. Brady discovered that I had
never been to Communion.  The lessons
started----- me, a big 6`1", 185 # fighter
in a circle with the little first graders
every day after school, learning my
catechism all over again.

The instructions went on and on and on.
Then a visiting missionary came to the
school, giving inspirational talks and
I approached him with my problem.
Why can`t I just go to Communion  ?

The Missionary had me kneel by his
chair, confess my sins and receive
absolution.   "Now go to church
tomorrow mornng and recieve the
Eucharist ", "Go with God".

----- D O N E ----------

No comments:

Post a Comment