Wednesday, December 12, 2012

THE TRUTH IS IN THERE SOMEWHERE 12-12-12




THE TRUTH IS IN THERE SOMEWHERE



Met her on the street , we talked

about old times.



I had to go --- "Here she said, take

my car". I did.



Driving off in to the hills, got hungry,

stopped at sandwich shop , paid and

started to leave.



Damn, I did`nt want to see old friends.

Just wanted to get out of there, things

to do. But, there was Ivan walking

toward me. We sat down again and had

the best conversation--- caught up on

old times, slapped each other on the

back and left--- "Stay in touch".



Out the corner of my eye, Ivan checking

out my (friends) car,

I have known that guy for years, he never

missed a detail in his life.



I`m think`n, "before Ole Ivan is a mile down

the road he will have checked the reg., on

that car." He knows Sally, he will wonder

why I am driving Sally`s car--- and Ole Ivan

will find out..... always does.



Then I remember. Ivan died in 1991.



Sure hope Sally got that car back because

I woke up and have not seen Sally for 20

years.



---- Eagle Cruagh

No comments:

Post a Comment