Monday, December 10, 2012

ABOUT GO`N HOME 12-10-2012


ABOUT GO`N HOME



Reckon you never heard this before

I was jist thinkin as I worked a stick

You never really follered me

Can`t x-pect you to know what makes

me tick



I can hear you think`n , "who cares ?"

Can`t blame you not one bit

Today nobody even my own kids

Just plain don`t give a shit



What would I like just suppose

Sposen that an old guy can still like

That old ranch where I grew up

Pulls at me like there is still a piece

A`me there



Down on Thunder Butte Crick

Where the cat birds call

Where all the wild animals

In the night still prowl



Silly how an old coot still yearns for home

Like all the people gone and buried

And I had my fill of city life

Once you asked me what I think

I either have to say or take to drink



That`s all there is , don`t have no more

Jist a lonesome old hack get`n dewy eyed

Wonder`n what life`s got in store

`Cause I can`t stop think`n

I`m never ever go`n home



----- Eagle Cruagh









No comments:

Post a Comment